Lesson 13: Self Control And Relapse Prevention - Slide 6
Self Control Feels Like A Mystery
- Self control is a strength that comes from within
- No one can give it to you
- The more you exercise it, the stronger it becomes
- Use it or lose it
- Getting to group on time, eating breakfast, listening, getting to yoga class, completing written assignments, all require self control
- Our online lessons support
you to put structure in your life
and to practice and strengthen
your self control on a daily basis
Pg. 86, ”Bad for Us, The Lure of Self-Harm,” John Portmann, Beacon Press, Boston, 2004.
Certain sections of this website deal with health and medical-related issues. The information provided on relapsepreventionplan.net is for informational purposes only; it does not constitute the provision or practice of medicl, nursing, or professional health care advice or services. Nothing contained on relapsepreventionplan.net is intended to be used for medical diagnosis or treatment, or as a substitute for consultation with a qualified health care professional. You should consult your physician or other qualified health care provider regarding any specific questions you my have. You should never disregard professional advice or delay in seeking treatment based on the information contain on this site or other websites linked to or from it.