Lesson 14: Managing Leftover Toxins - Slide 4
You Still Feel Badly Because:
- Drugs are toxins or poisons
- Toxins take time to be removed
from the brain and body
- The brain and body take time to heal and return to normal functioning
- Emotional turmoil and extreme fatigue both physical and mental result from the:
- Damage done to your body and
nervous system from using
- Stress of detox
- Stress of coping without using
drugs and alcohol
- Stress of quitting or attending rehab
Pg. 305-306 “Teens Under The Influence, The Truth About Kids, Alcohol, and Other Drugs-How to Recognize the Problem and What to Do About It,” Katherine Ketcham and Nicholas A. Pace, MD, Ballentine Books, New York, 2003.
Certain sections of this website deal with health and medical-related issues. The information provided on relapsepreventionplan.net is for informational purposes only; it does not constitute the provision or practice of medicl, nursing, or professional health care advice or services. Nothing contained on relapsepreventionplan.net is intended to be used for medical diagnosis or treatment, or as a substitute for consultation with a qualified health care professional. You should consult your physician or other qualified health care provider regarding any specific questions you my have. You should never disregard professional advice or delay in seeking treatment based on the information contain on this site or other websites linked to or from it.