Lesson 8: Managing Internal Causes Of Relapse - Slide 3
What Is Lifestyle Balance?
- Your lifestyle is balanced when the number of daily positive activities and events in your life are equal to or greater than the number of negative events
- By viewing our online rehab lessons you can learn to:
- Reduce stress, solve problems, and increase pleasurable activities so you experience a positive balance between daily negatives and daily positives
- Manage the unpleasant and create the pleasant in every day of your life
- Viewers who are able to balance the daily negative stressors with pleasant and positive activities are much less likely to relapse
Pg. 4,5, “Relapse Prevention Maintenance Strategies in the Treatment of Addictive Behaviours”, 2nd Edition, Edited by G. Alan Marlatt and Dennis M. Donovan, Guilford Press, New York, 2005