Lesson 3: Addiction And Physical Health - Slide 44
Change Your Brain Through Regular Exercise, Regular Sleep And Quality Diet
- Create an exercise plan
- Get another client to “cue” you to get walking, lifting weights, running or doing yoga
- Exercise whether you feel like it or not
- You are “forcing” yourself to change
- The more regularly you exercise, the more it becomes a “habit”
- Daily exercise will create a self reinforcing pattern and when you stop for a day, you will miss it
- Regular exercise creates positive cues for you:
- You will feel mentally sharper as the days go by
- You will look and feel better
Pg. 208-210, Doidge, Norman, “The Brain That Changes Itself,” Penguin Books, New York, 2007.
Certain sections of this website deal with health and medical-related issues. The information provided on relapsepreventionplan.net is for informational purposes only; it does not constitute the provision or practice of medicl, nursing, or professional health care advice or services. Nothing contained on relapsepreventionplan.net is intended to be used for medical diagnosis or treatment, or as a substitute for consultation with a qualified health care professional. You should consult your physician or other qualified health care provider regarding any specific questions you my have. You should never disregard professional advice or delay in seeking treatment based on the information contain on this site or other websites linked to or from it.