Lesson 1: Addiction is Learned - Slide 5
Why Do People Drink Or Take Drugs In The First Place?
- Individuals are influenced by the information they have about drugs and alcohol:
- What people tell them about the effects they will experience
- The setting in which they receive that information
In addition, their mental, emotional and physical state, personal needs and goals, family background and culture, and the ease of availability and affordability of drugs and alcohol influences their choices
- All these factors played a part in your decision making
- Your total environment was filled with cues to use or not to use
Certain sections of this website deal with health and medical-related issues. The information provided on relapsepreventionplan.net is for informational purposes only; it does not constitute the provision or practice of medicl, nursing, or professional health care advice or services. Nothing contained on relapsepreventionplan.net is intended to be used for medical diagnosis or treatment, or as a substitute for consultation with a qualified health care professional. You should consult your physician or other qualified health care provider regarding any specific questions you my have. You should never disregard professional advice or delay in seeking treatment based on the information contain on this site or other websites linked to or from it.